Thursday, February 25, 2010

This is How Two People Communicate after 10 Years of Marriage

***

Dear Sir,

It is with my deepest regret that I write this letter to you. Due to the increase of canine activity in the latter evenings, and the lack of ability to obey a simple command, I am writing to tell you that I am unable to maintain the workload associated with this behavior.

These careless activities add much demand on my daily responsibilities, of which I cannot with good conscience say that I am efficient in my job and serving as unto the Lord, using the time He has given me to the best of His Glory. In desiring to be the best steward of my time and resources, I regret to inform you that I will be resigning from daily morning vacuuming of all canine fur of the entire first floor. Consider this my official, written resignation.

Furthermore, if you intend to continue to invite guests into our home who were not invited, prior to the original contract, you will have no choice but to perform the above duties thoroughly prior to retiring into your sleeping quarters. Should you have any questions please contact me for clarity.

Thank you for understanding in this manner.


Mrs. Happy to Serve You in All Ways Except This Capacity

p.s. I am serious

***



RE: sincere regret

Dear Mrs. Happy to Serve You in All Ways Except This Capacity,

Under the circumstances and current work load, I accept your written resignation. I have three understudies that would be willing to take turnover from you as you transition from this task. However, like any good employee, and as you can imagine with the scope of this work, please provide two-weeks notice for proper turnover and training. This will maintain your "good standing" with the company, and also provide for a pleasurable written recommendation in your departure. As with any task you perform, I'm sure your training of the trainee will be thorough enough for a smooth transition and not disrupt the current cleanliness standards.

I want to thank-you for your service, and wish you well in your new endeavors.

Sincerely,


Luckiest Husband in the World

***

1 comment: