Wednesday, December 23, 2009

He is Ever with Me

I am quite reflective today. No, not shiny. Just deep in thought. About life. Burdens. Responsibilities. People who matter most.

My little Benjamin is anemic. He was quite sick last week. We are driving around back and forth to doctor's appointments and blood draws (three so far), no answers as of yet. He is handling it with courage. My sweetie has been gone for most of the season working overtime, and getting little recovery before he is back at it again. Although we have managed to enjoy a few crafts, many of the traditions that I do with my children each year for Thanksgiving and Advent have been passed by. Watching the days come and go have been frustrating to say the least, and I slowly came to the acceptance that this year would have to be different. Hard for me to let go. And hard for my family to watch it I am sure.

However......My kids are smiling and singing loudly. My husband is lovingly working hard for us. And My Lord and God, He is ever here with me.

Isa 41:10 Do not fear; for I am with you; be not dismayed; for I am your God. I will make you strong; yes, I will help you; yes, I will uphold you with the right hand of My righteousness.


Thank you Lord, that you never change. You are always the same. Yesturday, today, and forever.

No comments: