Saturday, November 14, 2009

I Cannot See!

There is always that temptation in my life (of which I find myself taking quite often) to figure things out, to make things happen in my timing, in my way, or to my benefit;

"This is how I see things, and this makes perfect sense to me."

But God says in Isaiah 55:8 For My thoughts are not your thoughts, nor your ways My ways, says Jehovah.

I want to look ahead down the road and see. I want to have control.
God is lately challenging this area of my heart again. There have been many circumstances over the years, especially in pain or discomfort, that He has allowed me to choose to trust Him or not.

I want to trust Him when I can see where He is taking me, and what will happen along the way.
He wants me to trust Him when I cannot see.
This is faith.

Heb 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

Heb 11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.

Jesus is our eyes.

2Co 5:7 states "for we walk by faith, not by sight".

For we walk by faith, and not by sight. Faith is a grace which answers many useful purposes; it is the eye of the soul, by which it looks to Christ for righteousness, peace, pardon, life, and salvation; the hand by which it receives him, and the foot by which it goes to him, and walks in him as it has received him; which denotes not a single act of faith, but a continued course of believing; and is expressive, not of a weak, but of a strong steady faith of glory and happiness, and of interest in it: and it is opposed to "sight": . . . . .it is but seeing as through a glass darkly; it is not that full sight, face to face, which will be had hereafter, when faith is turned into vision.

The rest and peace of heart that comes from trusting in Jesus.

Heb 4:9-11 So then there remains a rest to the people of God. For he who has entered into his rest, he also has ceased from his own works, as God did from His. Therefore let us labor to enter into that rest, lest anyone fall after the same example of unbelief.

Lastly,
Isa 43:1-3 But now so says Jehovah who created you, O Jacob, and He who formed you, O Israel; Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by your name; you are Mine.
When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow you. When you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned; nor shall the flame kindle on you.
For I am Jehovah your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior...

I love being blind.

1 comment:

Laura said...

You have a beautiful family. Thank you for this very timely message for me!