Tuesday, September 22, 2009

"Welcome Autumn"

When the weather begins to change, I can feel myself smile inside.
I absolutely love fall.

I have been pouring over recipes for the "comfort food" that I love this time of year. Heidi Swanson has a fabulous vegan blog http://www.101cookbooks.com/ . She is a wealth of information on cooking with natural foods, how to build a whole foods pantry, she has great photography (which I appreciate), and she highlights many good cookbooks and chefs as well.

Tonight I made her Rustic Potato Chowder; and everyone loved the Spinach and Zucchini Soup (including the kids).

I think I'm needing to make some good rustic bread, pull out my sweaters from spring, and make sure my camera is ready to capture this season with my loved ones.

These days will never come again.

2 comments:

bensfm said...

The kids like spinich? Does Grace still hate broccoli?

Andrea said...

Yes, broccoli with Grace is a big no no. But she is getting better to at least try things and she is sometimes surprised and likes them. :)